Digital Financial Literacy
Lack of awareness of digital financial literacy, especially among the rural population is a major challenge in the country, more so in light of the Government’s recent demonetization and plans to make India a cashless economy. There is an urgent need to create awareness among the citizens, especially in rural and semi-urban areas regarding basics of digital finance services.
The project titled “Digital Financial Literacy” aims to become Digital Financial hubs, by hosting awareness sessions on government policies and digital finance options available for rural citizens as well as enabling various mechanisms of digital financial services such as such as IMPS, UPI, Bank PoS machines etc.
The overall objective of the project is:
- To enable the Three seas Infologics (P)LTD to become Digital Financial Education Hubs, by hosting awareness sessions focused in their community and Panchayat.
- To inform rural citizens about government policies and about digital financial options available to them
- To enable citizens to access and use electronic payment system (EPS) such as IMPS, UPI, Bank PoS machines etc..
- To sensitize and enable merchants at Panchayat level to use Electronic Payment System.
- Create awareness in rural India through workshops and awareness drives.